Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday October 9th 2009 - 8:00pm

It's strange, I really thought I would feel different now that I'm Californian. I figured I would at least feel more itchy or unnerved, but nothin'...I don't feel a bit different. In fact I'm quite relaxed (not at all like myself) and feeling rather at home here, which is great!

We arrived in Santa Rosa around sunset yesterday and have officially begun decompression phase one, a.k.a. operation "Chill Out".

The boys, Uriah and Rick, were out the door bright and early leaving me to spoil myself with fancy pants indoor plumbing scrubbing every inch of my body for what felt like the first time in weeks after two back to back basically-camping-not-indoor situations lasting almost two weeks (confused?, Me too!) before landing in California.

While they were out doing whatever it is men do at 9am on a Friday I took it upon myself to explore my new turf. I am pleased, no scratch that, I'm fucking thrilled to report that Santa Rosa is layed out exactly like Eugene.

No one, not one single person who knows me will believe this, but it turns out I'm a rock star navigator now. It's been just over twenty four hours and I have zipped all over this town and back like I own the joint. I found three second hand shops that were open, two to check out tomorrow when they re-open, several yard sales and the what will now be known as the mother land, "Hot Couture" vintage botique. I informed the not-nearly-as-funny-as-I-am clerks that I officially declare myself creepy neighborhood girl who will come in, try everything on and admire myself in the mirror until I'm asked to leave. The vintage dresses I would sell in Eugene for $15 sell here for between $80-100 and up.

This shop is one of two, did you hear me, TWO vintage shops in Downtown Santa Rosa (thats it!) and they resell dresses for over one hundred dollars. If you can't put two and two together..... let me spell it out for you. I plan on owning a shop in Downtown Santa Rosa within the next two years. It's an un-tapped, high demand market, up and coming artsy downtown neighborhood with a built in demographic perfect for vintage resale.

Welcome to Santa Rosa, Grace!!!

P.S. I made Uriah stop to take a picture of me with Snoopy (there are Peanuts characters all over downtown Santa Rosa). It's awesome, Snoopy looks like he's getting a little grabby, but I also look like I enjoy it! I'll post it as soon as I find the cord to take it off my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment